Renovating our upstairs guest bathroom has been on our “to do” list for a long while. 2012 is the year for this project.
Our original plan was to keep the wall tile. The previous owner installed it and since this bathroom isn’t used often, it’s in like-new condition. After much debate, we decided that neither of us really liked the tile’s pattern and we agreed that we’d be happier with new, white subway style tile.
The vinyl floor came up quite easily. I did that project by myself one evening while Mr. SP attended a football party. (Removing vinyl sounded like more fun to me than watching football!) A Saturday at home was all we needed to gut the rest of the bathroom.
The sink is one of our dilemmas. If we keep our current sink, we’ll have it sprayed white along with the tub and I’ll possibly make a skirt for it to hide the exposed pipes under it. On a quick shopping trip to Ferguson, we found this tiny sink and vanity that fits into our small space and we are considering ordering it. It comes with the mirror but not with the faucet. It would be nice to have a small bit of storage space in this bath. Currently there is none other than the medicine cabinet.
I’ve been looking for fabric to use for both a shower curtain and valance for a long while and haven’t found exactly what I want. (If I knew what I want, it might be easier.) I’ll most likely make a valance using this Pate Meadows design.
It feels so good to finally have a start on this project. Tiling is next on the list! (We still need to order it.)