Have you started to think about what you’ll serve for Easter entertaining? A favorite spring side in our family is asparagus. For a new Easter side, I created Cheesy Asparagus and Pesto Bread using Ecce Panis Gourmet Artisan Bread from Walmart. Have you tried this bread? It’s so very good! We often enjoy their dinner rolls with a meal and make pizza with their ciabatta bread when tomatoes are in season in the summer.
This dish is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. What’s not to love about that?
1 package Ecce Panis French Demi Baguettes, 1 bunch of asparagus, pesto, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, salt, EVOO
(Note: The ingredients shown below are for a double recipe. My pesto is homemade from last summer.)
Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus and then cut the tender parts into pieces. Sprinkle with salt to taste and sauté in EVOO until the desired tenderness has been reached.
Cut each baguette in half and place on a baking sheet.
Brush baguette halves with pesto and top with sautéed asparagus.
Top each half with 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees or until the cheese has melted and browned.
Cut each baguette into thirds, place on a platter, and serve as part of your Easter meal.
This dish can be served as an appetizer or side dish. I’m sure my family will love this as part of our Easter meal.
- 1 package Ecce Panis French Baguettes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T EVOO
- Pesto to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tough ends off of the asparagus bunch and then cut into 2" pieces.
- Saute the asparagus in EVOO headed over medium-high heat until the asparagus is tender. Sprinkle the asparagus with 1 tsp. of salt as it starts to cook.
- Split baguettes in half and top with pesto to taste.
- Top with asparagus and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling. Cool slightly and cut each baguette half into three pieces. Serve warm.
To learn more about Ecce Panis Gourmet Bread visit their website. A $.55 coupon is also available.
See my Google+ album for my complete shopping story.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Ecce Panis #EccePanis #cbias #SocialFabric
Weekend Bloggy Reading Party at Serenity Now
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Design, Diapers + Dining
Keep Calm and Link Up at Chase the Stars
On the Menu Monday at Stone Gable
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style