Now that fall is here and the weather is a bit cooler, I’m craving hearty casseroles and soups. One dish on our dinner table this week is Mexican Lasagna, an easy casserole shared by a running friend back in 2005.
Mexican Lasagna includes a meat sauce flavored with tomatoes, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning, layered with corn tortillas, ricotta, and Mexican cheese blend.
This recipe is good the day it’s made and it also reheats beautifully.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 8 oz. ricotta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2½ cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- Brown ground beef in skillet until crumbly, drain. Add seasonings, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and mix. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta and eggs.
- Coat a 13x9x2" pan with cooking spray and spread half of the meat mixture into the bottom of the pan. Top with half of the tortillas. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over tortillas, top with cheese. Repeat once more, ending with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
We love this dish! Let me know if you try it.