This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
When I was organizing my sewing room I realized that I had way too many things and not enough places to store it all. I thought about what I might have that could work and remembered an old filing cabinet in the basement that my mom gave to us.
Two of the drawers came out, two wouldn’t. I removed the existing hardware and gave the inside and outside a good cleaning. It was very, very dirty from being in our basement for years, most of the time in the wood shop part.
Mr. SP sanded it to remove loose paint and then I primed it with Kilz. Four coats of paint later, it looked almost like new.
Total cost = Free! I had all of the needed supplies on hand from previous projects.
I put stick on carpet-like sliders on the bottom of the cabinet to make it easy to move. This really saves wear and tear on the floor.