This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Summertime mean bike riding time for many families. It’s a great way to get exercise and to see the countryside. To be safe, a helmet is a must. A helmet can only protect your head and brain if you wear it, so make sure that you do and your kids do every single time you ride.
Here are some tips for proper bike helmet fit:
1. A helmet should fit snugly. It shouldn’t rock from side to side when it’s flat on your head.
2. Make sure your helmet sits level on your head and low on your forehead.
Be sure that you don’t wear your helmet pushed back on your head.
Not like this:
3. The chin strap should be snug. You should only be able to fit one or two fingers under it. I took this picture post-ride and realized that my strap is a bit loose, I’ll have to tighten it a bit before my next ride.
4. Yawn and shake your head around. Does your helmet stay in place? If it rocks from side to side or slides forward or backward then tighten the straps.
5. Helmets should be replaced after an accident or if it is damaged in any way.
Be safe while having fun. Wear a helmet!