This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Back at the end of April I wrote a post describing how my Iris didn’t bloom very well this year. I suspected that the problem was that they needed dividing. I worked on this task last week and hope that next year I’ll see a dramatic difference in the blooms that I get to enjoy.
I started the process by clearing out as many plants as I could that grew around the Iris that I knew I didn’t want. Growing behind this particular Iris patch was a bunch of beautiful hot pink Lychnis that had gone to seed. The Lychnis had set seed and I knew many had fallen for next year, so I pulled it out to give myself more room to work.
This section of Iris doesn’t look like much now but hopefully will be pretty next spring. You can see that the trees that fell on this bed were hard on my other plants. There’s a Butterfly Bush to the right in the picture that’s starting to come back out. A tree fell on top of it and we had to cut it to the ground in the process of removing the tree.