This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I had all kinds of great suggestions for solving my dillema. Everyone agreed that I needed something to fill the space between the trunk and picture. Lorrie’s suggestion, an antique toolbox, was my favorite. I think that Mama may have one that I can have, but in the meantime I shopped my house and came up with this. I like to use antiques as much as possible in my home for decorating and for function. The basket is not an antique, but the box is. The basket is mine and the box is Mr. SP’s. We both sort the mail into the appropriate basket when it arrives. (It comes through the mail slot on the door.) I am amazed at how well this system works. No more piles!
February – Nice and Neat!
March – Still nice and neat! Success!
When Amanda hosted her first Decorating Dilemmas Party, I asked for suggestions for these chairs that I picked up at an estate sale. I’ve been working on them bit by bit this winter. I sanded them, primed them, and painted them.
The one on the left is unsanded, the one on the right is sanded. When I took this picture, I had only tried hand sanding.
After I hand sanded the one on the left, I resorted to power tools to get off as much paint as I could.
Don’t you love this outfit? I’d been shoveling now if you are wondering why I’m wearing ski socks.
I then primed the chairs with an automobile primer.
I started with a pretty tan color. After spraying a few coats, I didn’t like that this color was satin and not a gloss. I had to switch colors because Lowe’s didn’t have my original color in gloss.
Spray painting indoors in February is not a good idea. I opened the windows in the workshop, turned on the big exhaust fan, ran another fan, but our house still reeked of fumes. I finally gave up after getting one too many headaches and waited for a warm day to finish the project.
I got my warm day on Sunday and hauled the chairs out into the yard for another couple of coats of paint.
All that’s left to do now is paint the underside of the chairs. I’m very happy with my chair progress!