When was the last time that you’ve had a corn dog? For me, it was a long, long time until recently. My love of corn dogs started in elementary school. I can remember dipping my corn dog into a puddle of mustard on my tray and enjoying the combination of hot dog, the crunchy and sweet corn bread covering, and the spice of the mustard. Yum! When I was challenged to design a recipe using corn dogs, I jumped at the opportunity.
My husband and I love to eat and I love to experiment in the kitchen. My creative use of corn dogs was to make a corn dog pizza. Don’t laugh…It’s truly really, really good! The night we ate out corn dog pizza, Mr. SP remarked that I needed to make it again soon.
Corn Dog Pizza (printable recipe below)
Ingredients (For 2 Pizzas)
2 Pizza Crusts
1 onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 T butter
6 Country Ribbon Corn Dogs, sliced
3 cups extra sharp cheese, shredded
1. Remove stick from each corn dog and cut off each end. Slice each corn dog into six sections.
2. Coat each crust with approximately 2 T yellow mustard and spread with a pastry brush.
3. Saute onion and celery in 1 T butter until tender. Sprinkle evenly over two pizza crusts.
4. Top pizzas with corn dog segments.
5. Sprinkle cheese over each pizza.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 4 minutes. Rotate pans and bake for another 4 minutes or until done.