This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Have you been making an attempt to eat a healthy diet and to exercise in the new year? Now that we’re past the season for heavy meals and sweet treats, it’s a lot easier to live a healthier lifestyle.
Our recent meals have been either vegetarian or contained beef and left me with a craving for a chicken dish that would be both hearty and healthy. After a long day of work and an evening at the gym or on the tennis court, the last thing I want to do is cook a meal that takes forever to prepare. I created a quick to make chicken and veggie stir fry that features chicken coated in a yummy orange and ginger sauce. When making up your own recipe, sometimes they work, and sometimes they don’t. This one was a winner: It’s both tasty and filling.
Let me show you how easy it is to prepare this dish.
A printable recipe can be found at the end of this post.
Orange Ginger Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
2 cups orange juice (I squeezed my own oranges)
3 T soy sauce
4 T honey
2 inch piece of ginger, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Stir Fry Ingredients
1 bag of Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken
1 head of broccoli
3 T sesame oil
1. Remove Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken from the bag and allow to thaw while making the sauce and prepping the other ingredients.
2. Prepare rice. (We use a rice cooker and combine white and healthier brown. )
3. Juice the oranges to get two cups of juice.
4. Make the sauce by combining sauce ingredients in a pan and cooking over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
5. Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces and the carrots into slices and set aside.
4. Heat sesame oil in a pan or wok.
5. Heat sesame oil and add broccoli and carrots to pan. Cook until almost tender.
6. Remove veggies from pan and add chicken. Cook until warmed through, then add veggies back into the pan, and pour sauce over the mixture. Stir together and serve.
Dinner is ready!
There’s only two of us, so we’ll enjoy this meal for several nights. Leftovers are a bonus for me as I’d much rather not have to cook on a week night.
Doesn’t this look yummy?