I tested this recipe from the November 2010 issue of Southern Living for Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and declare it a keeper.
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 (1/8-inch-thick) pancetta slices
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together Brussels sprouts and next 3 ingredients in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until sprouts are tender and edges are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove pancetta, and drain on paper towels. Crumble pancetta.
- Remove sprouts from oven, and place in a large serving dish. Top with cheese and crumbled pancetta.
I’ll definitely make this dish again!