This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Roasted Tomato Sauce is the best recipe that I’ve tried in a long time. It’s easy and tastes incredible. I found it in the September 2011 issue of Country Living.
Roasted Tomato Sauce
How to Make Roasted Tomato SaucePrintable Recipe Below!
2 1/2 lb plum tomatoes, quartered
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 cup EVOO
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tsp fresh oregano ( I used way more)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9×13” baking pan, toss together tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper.
This roasted tomato sauce is wonderful on pasta. Use it as is for a vegetarian meal or add cooked ground beef or sausage for a heartier meal.
I liked the taste of this so much that I made two more batches for us to eat over pasta this week.
This truly is a great recipe! Click here to find the recipe on Country Living’s website.
- 2 1/2 lb plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp fresh oregano ( I used way more)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 9- by 13-inch baking pan, toss together tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Roast for 1 hour. Remove pan from oven and fold basil and oregano into vegetables. Cook for 30 minutes more.
- In a food processor, blend vegetables until pureed. Use immediately, refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.
This recipe can be doubled or even tripled, just increase the size of your baking pan. For a large batch, use a large roasting pan.