This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
It’s time again for one of Amanda’s fabulous parties. Amanda is the hostess with the mostest. I love how she encourages bloggers to mix and mingle and not to just link up and disappear. I’ve met many new blogging friends through Amanda’s parties.
The topic to dish about this time is reading. I’m looking forward to sipping a cup of coffee or lemonade while discovering what each party participant is reading this summer. Let’s Party!
~Give us your list of top 5 picks for summer reading.
Five books is probably about all that I’ll read this summer. I used to read a lot more before I discovered blogging!
1. I read Cat of the Century by Rita Mae Brown when I was at the beach. This is the latest in a series. I wouldn’t recommend it if you haven’t read the others.
2. I read The Help on my recent trip. I could hardly put it down! This is definitely the best book that I’ve read in a long time.
3. I spent almost 12 hours on Monday either flying or waiting on a plane or in the airport and I was afraid that I’d run out of The Help before I arrived home. There’s nothing worse than being trapped on a plane without a good book. I bought Jennifer Weiner’s Best Friends Forever just in case. I ended up reading the last page of The Help as my plane came to a stop. Now I am looking forward to starting this!
4. I saw The Island by Elin Hilderbrand while browsing at a magazine shop in the airport. I will try to reserve this at the library and I’ll also try to reserve The Castaways by the same author.
5. I’d like to read The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews before I go back to school. We’ll see. This will definitely be a book that I check out of the library.
~What are your favorite magazines?
~How do you make time to escape into a good book?
~What’s your favorite place to get your books?
~What’s next on your “to-read” list?
Best Friends Forever is next. A friend loaned me Anne Tyler’s Noah’s Compass, so I may sneak that in next so that I can get it back to her.
Thanks for hosting the party, Amanda!
Click here to go back to the party or click on the button below.