This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Not so long ago I saw an outlet with USB ports on Pinterest. I showed the pin to Mr. SP and asked if he could install one in our kitchen. Only two supplies were needed to complete this project: a USB wall outlet and a new faceplate.
1. Turn off the breaker to the outlet. Make sure that the electricity is off by plugging something into this outlet.
2. Remove faceplate using a screwdriver.
3. Unscrew the outlet. Pull the outlet out of the wall with the wires still attached.
4. Disconnect each wire from the old outlet and connect to the same location in the new outlet. Be sure to do one wire at a time. This will insure that your wiring will be the same.
5. Carefully push outlet and wires back into the wall box and screw into place.
6. Attach faceplate.
7. Turn the breaker on.
If you need pictures to guide you, Apartment Therapy has a great tutorial. If you aren’t comfortable doing this yourself, an electrician could do this for you easily.
This was a simple update and one that we’ve found very useful.
Can you guess which phone is mine and which belongs to Mr. SP??