For this month’s Thrifty Style Team collaboration, I’m sharing a painted Christmas stocking that will be one of my niece’s Christmas gifts this year.
I’m sharing my painted Christmas stocking for this month’s Thrifty Style Team project hosted by Julie of Redhead Can Decorate.
Painted Christmas Stocking
This was an easy project that I enjoyed completing.
Drill a hole in the wood stocking for hanging. If the wood cracks like mine did, repair it with wood putty, and sand smooth.
Use Glitter Snow to make the stocking’s cuff. I did three coats using short brush strokes.
Add a twine hanger and enjoy.
I made a second painted stocking to give to a former student who is one of my two daughters of the heart. She is a college girl and is starting to collect things to use to decorate her future home. I hope she likes it as much as I do.
More Decorating Ideas From the Thrifty Style Team
- Redhead Can Decorate – How to Create a Fresh Pine Christmas Centerpiece
- DIY Beautify – Chippy White Spindle Christmas Tree
- The Tattered Pew – How To Make An Ivy Topiary From a Wire Hanger
- The How To Home – How to Dress Up a Cheap Poinsettia Plant so it Looks Expensive
- 2 Bees in a Pod – DIY Christmas Matchbox – Perfect Gift
- Vinyet Etc. – Create Holiday Magic – Have yourself a Vintage little Christmas!
- Postcards from the Ridge – Festive Christmas Table Decorations That Anyone Can Do
- Lora B. Create and Ponder – Scrabble Holiday Art
- I Should Be Mopping the Floor – Free Retro Santa Printable
- Cottage on Bunker Hill – How to Make a Gingerbread Wreath