It’s the day after Thanksgiving and I hope the day was a good one for you, filled with the enjoyment of spending time with family and counting blessings.
Are you ready for some Christmas tree inspiration? Today I’m sharing our 2019 Christmas Trees as part of a Christmas Tree Decor Blog Hop hosted by Michelle of Our Crafty Mom.
Many thanks to Michelle for inviting me to participate in this fun event.
Christmas tree are being shared both today and tomorrow. I know that I’m going to enjoy seeing all of the trees beautifully decorated for Christmas. You’ll find links for all of the trees shared at the end of this post.
Our 2019 Christmas Trees
I love the magic of a decorated Christmas tree. I decorate two trees each year, one in our family room and the other on our enclosed porch.
Family Room Christmas Tree
Last week I shared A Very Vintage Christmas in the Family Room where I shared my mostly vintage Christmas decor. This post will focus in on the star of the room, our Christmas tree.
The family room is our main hang-out spot in our home and we enjoy the glow of this tree every night when as we watch tv.
We have been married for 25 years and the ornaments on our tree are ones that we’ve collected over the years.
I love vintage and our tree topper is a reproduction of the 1970’s tree topper that my mom used in my youth.
Along with our ornaments that we use each year, our tree is decorated with plaid ribbon and glittered icicles.
I also use red and gold balls that purchased at the beginning our our marriage from a drugstore. They are breakable and we’ve lost a few over the years.
Our Christmas Tree Skirt
My grandmother made our Christmas tree skirt in the early 1970’s and I can’t remember a childhood Christmas when this skirt wasn’t under our tree.
My grandmother must have spent hours and hours making this for us. She doubled her effort by making an identical one for my aunt’s family that my aunt still uses. I enjoy seeing it every Christmas when we visit her family.
A Few of Our Ornaments
Every year my mom gives me a P. Buckley Moss Christmas ornament. I have quite the collection of these ornaments!
This one reminds me of our bike riding days when we would ride through rural parts of the Shenandoah Valley through Mennonite farm country.
My husband brought a collection of Hallmark ornaments to our marriage, all gifts from his parents.
We have oodles of dog ornaments on our tree. This one was purchased last year because it resembles our precious fur baby, Sherman.
Many of our ornaments are handmade like this sparkly snowflake and the cottage painted by my father-in-law.
I was an equestrian growing up and there are a few horse ornaments on our tree. This horse looks a lot like my last horse, Hybra Ice.
My husband and his dad love airplanes. On a date shortly after I met my husband, he took me flying. It was a day straight out of a Hallmark movie.
Each year Mr. SP and his dad give each other a Hallmark airplane ornament.
Our Porch Tree
Our second tree is on our enclosed porch. We live on a corner lot and our neighbors can see our tree as they drive or walk by. Several neighbors have thanked me for putting this tree up extra early this year.
Look for a post sharing our porch’s vintage Christmas decor next week.
My former teacher assistant recently cleaned out her attic and offered me a collection of vintage Christmas balls. I was delighted to receive yellow and green balls exactly like ones my mom used on our tree in the 1970’s.
I have a plaid theme going for my Christmas decor and used plaid ribbon on both of our trees and also our mantel. Be on the lookout for this year’s mantle design on Monday!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my Christmas trees. Now it’s time to get enjoy the trees decorated by my blogging friends.
Pour yourself a beverage and enjoy the Christmas tree inspiration shared today and be sure to come back tomorrow for more Christmas tree inspiration.
- Christmas Home Tour from Kippi at Home
- Christmas Tree With Traditional And Rustic Colors from Tribe of Burton
- Blue and White Chinoiserie Holiday Tree from Simple Nature Decor
- Colorful White Christmas Tree from Creative Ramblings
- A Farmhouse Style Christmas Tree from Simply Beautiful by Angela
- Christmas Trees 2019 from Virginia Sweet Pea
- Red Plaid Christmas Tree from 2 Bees in a Pod
- Christmas Tree Decor from Create and Babble
- DIY Luke 2 Christmas Tree from To Work with My Hands
- How To Decorate A Rustic Neutral Christmas Tree from One Thousand Oaks
- Simple and Elegant Country Class Christmas Tree Redneck Rhapsody
- Traditional Family Christmas Tree from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Christmas Tree Inspiration Ideas from My Life On Kaydeross Creek
- How To Put Ribbon On A Christmas Tree from Upright and Caffeinated
- Beautiful Minimal Christmas Tree Decor from Sonya Burgess
- Christmas Tree Ideas from Welcome to the Woods
- Christmas Tree Decor from Teadoddles
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Celebrate and Decorate
- Rustic Plaid Woodland Christmas Tree from Zucchini Sisters
- A Buffalo Check Flocked Christmas Tree from Weekend Craft
- Cozy Minimal Christmas Tree from Northern Feeling
- A Peppermint Striped Christmas Tree from County Road 407
- Elegant Flocked Christmas Tree With Blue and Silver from Our Crafty Mom
- Fabulous Tree in Blue, Rose Gold and Copper from Across the Boulevard
- Mini Beachmas Tree from My Pinterventures
- Plaid Decorated Christmas Tree from Intelligent Domestications
- Red Truck Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree from Modern on Monticello
- Christmas Tree Decor from Southern Yankee DIY
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from First Day of Home
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips from From House to Home
- Christmas Tree Home Tour from Just That Perfect Piece
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Farmhouse Inspired Christmas Tree from Daily DIY Life
- Decorated Flocked Christmas Tree With Homemade Ornaments from Thrifted Nest
- Farmhouse Christmas Tree from Domestic Deadline
- Christmas Tree Decor from A Life Unfolding
- Christmas Tree from Oh Fiddle Dee Dee
- Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas from Happily Ever After, etc.