This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been wanting to make some Anthropology inspired flowers from recycled bottles for a good while now. I’m not sure if I like my creation or if I think it is a hot mess.
I started by making the flowers from soda bottles that Mr. SP collected for me at work. I cut the bottom off of the bottle using a serrated knife.
Then I used kitchen scissors to cut petal shapes.
Then I spray painted the flowers. I did this over two days. Here are the ones from today drying in the sunshine.
Look at all of the “flowers” in bloom!
If you’ve read my blog for a while, you know that I’ve been known to make wreaths with a tennis racket as the base. This poor racket was beat to death after a bad shot.
I covered the racket with strips of fabric leftover from a long ago purse project.
Next I wired the flowers to the strings of the racket.
I moved it to a smaller wall area on my porch to see if I liked it better there. (I decided that the larger brick wall is the best place.)
Now that I look at the pictures here, I’m liking it more and more.
When our driveway construction is over, I’ll hang this on a door. It will get too dusty outside right now.
I’m sharing my project with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, Kimba at A Soft Place to Land, and Jen at Tatertots and Jello.
I’m also sharing this with “The CSI Project” for the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Challenge.