Do you need a quick gift to make for friends, family, or coworkers? If so, consider trying these irresistible sugar coated pecans.
Sugar Coated Pecans
2 egg whites
1 T water
1 T vanilla
2 pounds pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg whites until frothy. Add pecans to the egg whites, stirring to coat the nuts evenly.
3. Add both sugars, salt, cinnamon, water, and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed and the nuts are thoroughly coated.
4. Spread the nuts on two baking sheets lined with parchment or a Silpat.
5. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
6. Cool and enjoy!
This stuff is really, really good. I packaged nine bags to use as gifts at school and there was still enough left over for us to have as a snack. You could easily half the recipe if you don’t need as much as I made.
Be sure to visit Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more great recipes.