This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This homemade apple bread with warm spices is so tasty! A strudel topping makes this fall treat extra yummy.
Delicious Homemade Apple Bread with Streusel Topping
One of the many great things about fall is the availability of fresh apples.
I didn’t get to pick my own apples to make this apple bread recipe, but I did use one of my favorite apples, Granny Smith.
This apple bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, a snack, or dessert.
I hope you enjoy this homemade apple bread as much as I do!
If you love baking bread in the fall, don’t miss my pumpkin beer bread. I can’t wait to make it this fall!
- 1/2 tbsp butter or shortening
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce/apple butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup AP flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Pinch cloves
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Gather Ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. (175˚C). Grease a loaf pan with 1/2 tbsp butter or shortening.
Dust the greased pan with 2 tbsp flour.
- Prepare the Batter.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil,
apple, butter, and vanilla extract at low speed until combined.
- Peel and dice two apples.
- Add diced apples to egg mixture and lightly stir to combine.Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Make The Streusel Topping:
Combine 1/4 cup cold butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats, 1/4
cup flour, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon in a medium bowl. Knead together with your hands to create a coarse dough.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes.
Cover with aluminum foil, and continue baking until a toothpick inserted in the
center comes out clean - about 10-15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then remove from the pan to finish cooling on a
You will need 2-3 apples to get 2 cups of diced apple pieces
Applesauce can be substituted for the apple butter
Small pieces of diced apples work better than large chunks
Apple bread can be frozen for up to one month if wrapped tightly in plastic
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
More Apple Recipes to Enjoy
- Apple Spice Bundt Cake
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Baked Apple Empanadas
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- How to Make Apple Butter
- Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
- Banana Split Apple Nachos
- Four Ingredient Apple Fruit Salad
- Best Apple Crostada
- Easy Crockpot Apple Cobbler
- Baked Apples For Two
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- The Best Healthy Apple Pie Smoothy
- Hot Cider Appletini Cocktail
- Caramel Apple Bites
- A Twist on Traditional Apple Pie
- Apple Pound Cake
- Ina Garten’s Apple Crostata or Apple Pie Recipe
- The Best Apple Dumpling Recipe