In our town, a local favorite bar and grill is The Cavalier Store, known by locals simply as “The Cav.” Mr. SP ate many evening meals at the bar shown below before he met me. The Cav has the best seasoned thick-cut fries that you’ll ever taste and for bar food, it is pretty tasty.
The interior is decorated with local pennants and donated license plates. The tables and booths are carved with initials and unfortunately in recent years, scribbled over in Sharpie graffiti. There’s a lot to look at while you wait for your food.
A little mustard might be a good addition to this sandwich. Next time I’ll add that.
What do you think? Is this something that you might enjoy?
- Rye bread
- Deli turkey slices
- Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- Spray butter or regular butter
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Turn one slice butter side down.
- On the butter side down slice, layer turkey, cheese, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing.
- Put the other slice of bread on top, butter side up.
- Grill and enjoy!