This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Did you gain the dreaded Freshman 15 when you were in college? Or have you gained the “Blogger 15” from spending so much time at your computer? I’ve found some tips from TheBestColleges that I think are quite helpful for avoiding weight gain for anyone.
- Get 30-60 minutes of cardio 3-6 times per week.
- Strength train twice a week.
- Stretch after each workout.
- Make a goal.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat breakfast.
How do your fair on this check list? I fail miserably at stretching and eating breakfast. Both are an easy fix!
What would I add to the list?
- Sign up to take a fitness class or find a class at your gym that you enjoy. You’ll make friends and they’ll ask where you were if you don’t show up.
- Find a workout buddy. Your buddy will make you accountable and offer motivation. Plus, it’s more fun to exercise with a friend.
- Drink plenty of water. Water fills you up and can stop hunger pains that sometimes are actually the body signaling that it needs fluid.
- Get a dog. The dog will need to be walked and you’ll enjoy the time your spend outdoors with it.
The Freshman 15 is avoidable and I hope a few young people might be helped by this post.
How was your fitness week? I’ve been doing my best to fit in exercise while balancing working full-time and maintaining my home. Fitness is social time for me, making it much easier to be motivated to workout.