This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Is is possible? Could it be? Yes, this cookie really contains only ten calories and it tastes good, too. If you are on a diet and need a chocolate treat that won’t damage your waistline, this is it!
2 T unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. instant espresso powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 large egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup super fine sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat. (I used two baking sheets.)
2. In a small bowl, combine cocoa, espresso powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy using an electric mixer set to medium speed. Add cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla; increase speed to high, and continue beating until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar, 1 T at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and mixture becomes glossy. Gently fold in cocoa mixture until combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. (Or cut 1/4 inch off the corner of a large plastic bag.) Pipe small mounds onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave cookies in for at least 45 minutes more. Remove from oven; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
I made 35 cookies making the calorie count actually nine calories per cookie. A batch of 24 cookies equals 13 calories per cookie. They are fat free!
At only 10 calories, you can eat as many of these goodies as you’d like with ZERO guilt!
Chocolate and zero guilt…What could be better?