10 Calorie Cookie
Is is possible? Could it be? Yes, this cookie really contains only ten calories and it tastes good, too. If you are on a diet and need a chocolate treat that won’t damage your waistline, this is it!
2 T unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. instant espresso powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 large egg whites
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup super fine sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat. (I used two baking sheets.)
2. In a small bowl, combine cocoa, espresso powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy using an electric mixer set to medium speed. Add cream of tartar, salt, and vanilla; increase speed to high, and continue beating until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar, 1 T at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and mixture becomes glossy. Gently fold in cocoa mixture until combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. (Or cut 1/4 inch off the corner of a large plastic bag.) Pipe small mounds onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave cookies in for at least 45 minutes more. Remove from oven; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
I made 35 cookies making the calorie count actually nine calories per cookie. A batch of 24 cookies equals 13 calories per cookie. They are fat free!
At only 10 calories, you can eat as many of these goodies as you’d like with ZERO guilt!
Chocolate and zero guilt…What could be better?
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Weekend Bloggy Reading Party at Serenity Now.
Saturday Seven at Positively Splendid
Those look yummy! I’ll have to try them. Hope your week in school was great! Carla
These sound lovely…how much sugar do they take? I don’t see sugar in the ingredients.
What a great recipe! I can’t eat sugar..at all, so this is one I might be able to use! Thanks! ♥
You are my new best friend! 😀
Oh, and I just read your stew recipe on Bonnie’s blog, and I want to try it this week, too.
Yum! I will have to share this recipe with the girls. Thanks for posting them.
Well, I am sure I would eat the entire batch in one sitting! Somehow I would rationalize the calorie count!
Yum! And so pretty!
Hi Paula! These are so pretty and look so yummy! Thanks for popping in.
be a sweetie,
I love the sound of this recipe! Thank you for sharing!
Get out!! 10 calories? I’m sold!! They are so pretty too. 🙂
Ten calories sounds like a winner to me!
Oh, I love this idea, a 10 calorie cookie, I need to try to this!
A few blogger friends and I have started a little challenge for January, it would be so fun if you want to participate! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog
These are such pretty little cookies and I love that they are a guilt-free treat. Gonna have to give these a try!
Thanks for sharing…
I’m all about a 10 calorie cookie -especially a chocolate one! They look so pretty too.
Yum! I just pinned them to my boards. Thank you for the delicious looking recipe Paula.
I hope you have been doing well. Happy 2012!
10 calorie cookies I must give these a try!!! xo
Whhhhat? I just saw this post and I am so excited.
Do you think they would taste as good without the espresso powder?
I want to try these this weekend!
Have a great day!
My version isn’t nearly as pretty, but I have a 10 calorie Chocolate cookie too!
Fudgy,moist and if you swap the honey for stevia or splenda you could get the calories down to 6~
The interesting part- they are made with Shirataki/Miracle zero calorie noodles!
Pictures,recipe and directions at: http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/
I’ll be trying these! I wish I could say that sweating is one of my favorite things to do. Go you!
If I use stevia or Splenda over sugar do I cut the calories even more?