Black Bean Lasagna is a dish that I’ve made for many years that is always enjoyed. This is a meatless lasagna that it easy to put together. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and it uses noodles that don’t have to be boiled, they bake in the oven with the dish. (See below for a printable recipe.)
This recipe comes from a local church cookbook. This church is as lovely in person as it is on the cover of the cookbook.
The lasagna will be a bit watery on top when it finishes baking. Wait 15 minutes for it to firm up before slicing it.
Most people would consider this a wintertime dish but we like it any time of year.
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can mushrooms
- 1 T oregano (I use Italian Seasoning)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 12 oz grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (15 oz) carton ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 (15½ oz) can black beans, divided
- 1 (14½ oz) jar salsa
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with olive oil.
- Mix tomatoes and next 5 ingredients.
- Lay ½ tomato mixture in bottom of pan, ½ of each cheese, then ½ of the beans.
- Layer 4 noodles remaining tomato mix, ricotta and beans.
- Layer noodles, salsa, remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover, bake 10 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.