This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This recipe for Blondies can be made quickly and clean-up is minimal. The recipe comes from the July/August 2005 issue of Cook’s Illustrated magazine. If you’ve never seen Cook’s Illustated, I’d highly recommend that you do so. The recipes are well-tested and I’ve had great success with them.
Mmmmm…..Look at that texture…
Warning: These are addictive!
1 cup pecans or walnuts (I omitted these.)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 t vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips (I used two cups)
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread nuts on large rimmed baking sheeet and bake unil deep golden brown, 10 to 15 min. Transfer nuts to cutting board to cool; chop coarsely and set aside.
2. While nuts toast, cut 18″ length foil and fold lengthwise to 8″ width. Fit foil into length of 13 x 9 ” baking pan, pushinig it into corners and up sides of pan; allow excess to overhang pan edges.
Cut 14″ length foil and fit into width of baking pan in the same manner, perpendicular to first sheet. Spray foil-lined pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside.
4. Whisk melted butter and brown sugar together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients int oegg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in chocolate and nuts and turn batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber spatula.
5. Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 min; do not overbake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting foil overhang and tranfer to cutting board. Cut into 2″ squares and serve.