This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been itching to make an ornament wreath after seeing so many in blog land over the past few weeks. I decided to do an ornament wreath with a twist, our monogram.
Mr. SP made this wire form for me a few years ago and I never used it. I intended to cover it with greenery, but he made a wooden form that ended up being much better for that purpose. To keep the ornaments from sliding off, we cut a wine cork in half and used the drill press to hollow out holes in the end of the cork. The ornaments end up hiding the cork pieces.
I bought a lot of ornaments because I had no idea how many it would take to cover this “S”. I used almost 150 ornaments to cover the form in large, medium, and small sizes.
Eddie Ross recommended using a glue gun to glue the caps to the ornaments. The ornaments that I bought were plastic and the cap didn’t come off. The wire that my “S” is made of was too thick for the ornament holes, so I had to individually wire each ornament to the form. Mr. SP found this cool red wire in the trash at his old job. I’ve used it for a lot of projects and it really worked well on this one.
I wired and wired and then wired some more. Almost finished!
Ta-Da! The finished project!
The outside of our home is ready for Christmas, now on to the inside!
Be sure to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday and Kimba at A Soft Place to Land for Do It Yourself Day.