This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Would you ever think to combine pumpkin with pasta? I sure wouldn’t, but once I tried it, I was hooked! My Pumpkin Pasta is delicious and a dish that I look forward to making each fall and into winter.
- 1 pound fettuccini
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cups sliced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (I used one can.)
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 3 tsp chopped fresh thyme (I used dried thyme.)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda, divided
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Garnish: fresh thyme
Making the Pumpkin Pasta
Here is the sauce simmering before I added the cheese and fettuccine.
Ready to Serve
Grate some fresh parmesan over the pumpkin pasta and serve. Doesn’t this look like the perfect fall or winter meal?