Who is hoping that the Easter Bunny leaves some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Eggs in their basket? I have always loved that candy.
For years I have made my grandmother’s recipe for Peanut Butter Bars that taste like a Reese’s Cup. This recipe is a family favorite! Recently I tried a variation that uses pretzel crumbs in the crust instead of graham cracker crumbs and it is a winner. No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Squares are destined to become a new favorite dessert at my house.
The crust of this no-bake dessert is made from pretzel ground into fine crumbs, butter, powdered sugar and peanut butter.
My grandmother’s recipe is topped with melted chocolate chips. This version has peanut butter melted into the chocolate chips. Yum!
This recipe is quick to put together and after 30 minutes in the refrigerator is ready to slice and eat.
The recipe directions call for using a 9”x9” pan. My pan was 8”x8” making my bars extra thick.
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1¼ cups smooth peanut butter
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels into fine crumbs, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pretzel crumbs, melted butter, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of the peanut butter until fully combined. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch pan. (I used 8 x 8-inch and it worked fine.)
- In a medium bowl, melt the remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter and the chocolate chips together in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. When the mixture is smooth, spread it over the peanut butter-pretzel layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
My husband’s comment after trying No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Squares was “Outstanding.” You can bet that I’ll be making these again!
Visit my recipe page for more yummy dessert ideas!