Peanut Butter Bars….Mmmm….
My grandmother made this recipe for my family time and again when I was growing up. When I went off to college, my grandmother lived close by and would bring a container of this luscious treat to me on occasion. If you like a Reese’s Cup, you are sure to like this confection.
This recipe is super easy, requires few ingredients, and is no-bake. If you need a quick treat to give to a friend or neighbor or to take to a party, consider this recipe.
Peanut Butter Bars That Taste Like a Reese’s Cup
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup peanut butter
1 16 oz. package powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
1. Melt butter. Add peanut butter. Gradually add powdered sugar and then graham cracker crumbs. Press into a 13x9x2” pan.
2. Melt chocolate chips over hot water and spread on top.
3. Refrigerate for 15 minutes and then cut into small squares.
4. Return to refrigerator until the chocolate is completely set.
These are dangerously good. I have trouble stopping after one once I get the first delicious taste.
This platter will go to school for a Christmas luncheon. I predict that it will come home empty!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 16 oz of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 16 oz package of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Melt butter
- Mix together butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into a 9x13" pan.
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler. Spread over the peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and then cut into 64 squares. Return to the refrigerator.