This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
It’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas! Today I’m sharing an ornament that I crafted inspired by this one from Country Living Magazine.
I’m joining with 30 other bloggers to bring you 31 ornament ideas during the month of October.
My button and felt snowman ornament was crafted using vintage buttons inherited from my grandmother and also my cousin’s grandmother. I love that the two snowmen that I created have a vintage look and aren’t exactly alike.
Let’s make a Button and Felt Snowman Ornament.
Small piece of felt for the backing
Small piece of felt for the hat
3 White Two Hole Buttons in three sizes
1. Glue three buttons to a piece of felt turning the top button perpendicular to form the snowman’s eyes. Before gluing the top button, darken the felt behind the button holes with a black Sharpie to make the eyes stand out.
2. Cut a hat shape from gray felt and glue at an angle to the top button.
3. Thread a piece of felt between the first and second button and tie to form the scarf. Glue the ends into place if necessary.
4. Trim around the buttons forming a snowman shape. Glue a piece of cord or ribbon to the back of the felt to make a hanger.
5. **Not Shown** I glued a second piece of felt to the back of the snowman to hide the eye spots and cord. After the glue dried, I trimmed the felt to match the shape of the front.
Note that the buttons that I used for this one don’t match which adds to his charm.
I’m thinking of making a few more snowman ornaments to use in addition to ribbon on my Christmas packages. Won’t that be a nice touch?
Here are all 31 Bloggers in order of their appearance over the 31 Days.
Yesterday on Tuesday
The Silly Pearl
Cupcakes and Crinoline
Celebrating Everyday Life
All Things Heart and Home
Sew a Fine Seam
Creative Crochet Workshop
Shabby Art Boutique
From My Front Porch To Yours
Dukes and Duchesses
Simply Kelly Designs
Town and Country Living
One Artsy Mama
The Crafting Nook
Our Southern Home
Love of Home
Remodelando la Casa
Knick of Time
The Cottage Market
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Sum of their Stories
There are lots of ways to keep up with the blog hop!
Follow Sweet Pea on Facebook, where I’ll be posting links to each post every day.
Follow the Handmade Christmas Ornaments Pinterest page, where the blog hop ornaments, as well as past ornaments we’ve created, will be pinned.
H2O Bungalow, Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home, Refresh Restyle, Between Naps on the Porch, Concord Cottage,Stone Gable, Sand and Sisal, Yesterday on Tuesday, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, Bless’er House, Common Ground, Houseology, Imparting Grace, Patina Paradise, From Gardeners 2 Bergers, The Everyday Home