This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Kids will love reading the books on this free printable fall book list for kids.
Read the books aloud to your kids and also have them read aloud to you.
Reading books aloud to children stimulates their imagination and expands their understanding of the world. It helps them develop language and listening skills and prepares them to understand the written word.
Even after children learn to read by themselves, it’s still important for you to read aloud together.
Free Printable Fall Book List for Kids
Head to the library to check out some of these fall-themed books.
If going to the library isn’t an option, order books.
Fall Books for Kids: Column One
- Thankful by Eileen Spinelli
- Wonderfall by Michael Hall
- Hocus Pocus It’s Fall by Anne Sibley O’Brien
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White and Megan Lloyd
- Wolf Camp by Andrea Zuill
- In November by by Cynthia Rylant
- Fall is for Friends by Suzy Spafford
- I See Fall by Charles Ghigna
- Because of an Acorn by Lola Schaefer
- The Rough Patch by Brian Lies
- The Wump World by Bill Peet
- Tiny Perfect Things by M.H. Clark
- We Gather Together by Wendy Pfeffer
- We the Kids by David Catrow
- Sweep by Loise Greig
Fall Books for Kids: Column Two
- The Artist by David Stabler
- Hello Harvest Moon by Ralph Fletcher
- Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn by Kenard Pak
- A Job for Wittilda by Caralyn Buehner
- It’s Not Jack and the Beanstalk by Josh Funk
- The Giant Hug by Sandra Horning
- Louise, The Adventures of a Chicken by Kate DiCamillo
- Flower Fairies of Autumn by Cicely Mary Barker
- Are You a Spider? by Darlene Murawski
- Tidy by Emily Gravett
- Fall Leaves by Rusty Finch
- Apples to Oregon by Deborah Hopkinson
- Night Night Song with CD
- Pete the Cat Falling for Autumn by James Dean
- Pumpkin Countdown by Joan Holub