Can you believe that it is exactly two months until Christmas Day?
It’s never too early to start planning for Christmas, especially if you like to craft.
I am participating in an amazing event called the 31 Days of Handmade Christmas Ornaments. 31 Bloggers and 31 Ornament ideas. Each day of October a different blogger has shared a handmade ornament and it’s been so much fun to see what has been created.
I can’t wait to show you my Woodland Elf Christmas Ornament.
I am so happy to join an amazing group of ladies for the 31 Days of Handmade Ornaments. I have been so inspired by the ornaments shared and I think that you will be as well. You can find links to each ornament at the end of this post.
Let me show you how easy it is to make a Woodland Elf Christmas Ornament.
Acorn with cap attached
Hemlock pine cone or small pine cone
Felt Scraps: grey, red, orange, yellow
Scissors – This pair is my favorite for small projects or for trimming threads when sewing.
Saw or garden pruners
1. Use a marker to draw a face on the acorn. Cut off the tip of the pine cone with scissors to make a flat spot for gluing the acorn into place. Glue the acorn to pine cone. Cut a piece of felt and fringe the ends for the scarf. Glue into place.
2. Use garden pruners or a saw to cut the twigs to the desired length. Glue the twig logs together and glue the elf to the logs.
3. Cut red, yellow, and orange felt pieces to resemble fire. You can see that I did this free handed and it isn’t perfect.
4. Glue the fire to the back of the logs.
5. Glue a section of cord to the logs, hang on your tree, and enjoy!
I just love this little guy! If you want to know the truth, he’s sitting on my desk beside my computer so that I can enjoy him now.
Last year I participated in this fun event and shared my Button and Felt Snowman Ornament.
Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what my friend Randi from Dukes and Duchesses shares.
Here are all 31 Bloggers in order of their appearance:
Day 1 – The Silly Pearl :: Day 2 –Yesterday on Tuesday Day 3 – Cupcakes and Crinoline :: Day 4 – An Extraordinary Day Day 5 – Knick of Time :: Day 6 – Pet Scribbles :: Day 7 – Simply Kelly Designs Day 8 – Town and Country Living :: Day 9 – Petticoat JUNKtion Day 10 – The Everyday Home :: Day 11 – Up on Tippy Toes Day 12 – Remodelando la Casa :: Day 13 – DIY 180 :: Day 14 – 504 Main Day 15 – Sum of their Stories :: Day 16 – At Home with Jemma Day 17 – The Kim Six Fix :: Day 18 – Shabby Art Boutique Day 19 – Morena’s Corner :: Day 20 – My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Day 21 – Our Southern Home :: Day 22 – Domestically Speaking Day 23 – The Crafting Nook :: Day 24 – Sweet Pea Day 25 – Dukes and Duchesses :: Day 26 – Heathered Nest Day 27 – Lovely Etc. Day 28 – Stone Gable Blog :: Day 29 – Mod Podge Rocks Day 30 – Running with a Glue Gun :: Day 31 – All Things Heart and Home