This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I haven’t baked a sweet treat since Christmas and decided to surprise Mr. SP with an Easy and Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.
I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that I’ve made countless times to make this chocolate chip cookie cake.
I got the idea to make this chocolate chip cookie cake when I spotted this heart-shaped cookie pan at Walmart.
As soon as I arrived home, I started baking and in less than 45 minutes, my cookie cake was cooling on a wire rack on my kitchen counter.
One reason that I love my chocolate chip cookie recipe is that it doesn’t require softened butter, the butter is melted in the microwave and then cooled until warmed.
There is no need to remember to soften butter ahead of time with this recipe which makes it a quick and easy one to make.
When Mr. SP got home, he was so happy to see a sweet treat waiting for him.
The outside of this cookie cake is crisp while the inside is soft and scrumptiously delicious.
Warning: It’s hard to resist this cookie cake!
This recipe can be baked in a heart-shaped pan like I did or in an 8″ x 8″ pan. For thinner bar cookies, use a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
Use the same dough recipe to make regular drop chocolate chip cookies. Using a 1″ cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment or Silpat lined baking sheets. Bake 7 minutes or until just brown. Let cool for a few minutes on baking sheets and then transfer to wire racks to completely cool.
This recipe is sure to be a hit in your home!
- 2 cups plus 2 T unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 T unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled until warmed
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease baking pan with butter.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into greased pan.
- Bake for 28 minutes. (Start checking after 20 minutes as oven temperatures can vary.)
- Cool on a wire rack.
Use an 8" square baking pan with the same baking time. To make cookie bars, use a 9"x13" pan and bake 15 - 18 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g