This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
After months of hard work, our lake house basement bathroom is finished and ready to be used and enjoyed.
Lake House Basement Bathroom Reveal
I’ve shared the evolution of this bathroom as we worked on it over many months.
I’m now sharing the end result with before and after pictures.
If you love DIY, home decor, crafts and recipes, you’ll want to subscribe to Sweet Pea so that you never miss a post. It’s free and the best way to follow along with my blog.
The Final Product
Come on in and see our basement bathroom!
The last time that I shared this space, the room didn’t have a door or a threshold.
We originally purchased a fiberglass hollow core door for this room and are both so glad that we used a solid wood door instead.
This picture shows the shower taken before the bathroom door was installed .
We have yet to use the shower but have already learned that it is super handy to have a bathroom in our newly finished basement.
This summer when we are on the dock, it will be especially useful to have a basement bathroom rather than having to go upstairs to use the facilites.
We have both agreed that for art in our basement, we want to use things that are meaningful to us.
Mr. SP took this picture a few years ago when he arrived for Labor Day weekend. Since then the trees on the shoreline have been removed.
Our bathroom is very well lit and the large mirror that we used is going to be great for when guests use this space for hair drying, makeup applying, or shaving.
This is what the bathroom looked like when the project started in August 2019.
This shot of the bathroom is at beginning stages of framing the space.
This picture was taken as we worked on framing the basement.
The bathroom was framed with a mixture of metal and 2×4 because we ran out of the metal.
Here is the bathroom with drywall in place. We later modified the drywall above the tub to remove the ledge.
We had a break in our project from September to late December 2019.
We hired someone to tape, mud, and sand the drywall. He was doing the work on the side and it took him three months to get the project done.
When he was finished, we both were recharged after a three-month break and were ready to get going once again on the project.
This project was a labor of love and a lot of work, but also very rewarding.
These are the products that we used in our bathroom.
- Flooring – Mohawk Crest Loft in Praire Oak
- Paint – Sherwin Williams Charcoal Blue (SW2739)
- Vanity – Ikea Hemnes Raettviken
- Sink – Raettviken Sink
- Faucet – GRANSKÄRBath faucet
- Vanity Light – Hickerson
- Mirror – Lithonia Frameless
- Shower Curtain
- Towel Bars – Preston 24″
Lake House Basement Project
These post chronicle converting our unfinished basement into a family room, bedroom, and bathroom.
- Lake House Basement Project Plans
- Lake House Basement – Update One – Framing the Basement
- Lake House Basement – Update Two – Adding Drywall
- Lake House Basement – Update Three – Drywall Finished with Primer
- Lake House Basement – Update Four – Paint
- Lake House Basement – Update Five – Flooring
- Lake House Basement – Update Six – Flooring in the Bathroom, Plumbing Work, and Wallpaper Choice
- Lake House Basement – Update Seven – Framing Doors and Adding Baseboards
- Lake House Basement – Update Eight – Door Moulding and a Bathroom Light
- Lake House Basement – Update Nine – Bedroom Chandelier, Quarter round, Toilet and Vanity Installation
- Lake House Basement – Update Ten – Installing a Newel Post
- Lake House Basement – Update Eleven – Installing a Banister
- Lake House Basement – Update Twelve – Staining the doors, painting trim, Work in the Bathroom
- Lake House Basement – Update Thirteen – How to Install Metal Balusters
- Lake House Basement – Update Fourteen – Sealing Doors, Finishing Window Trim Paint, More Bathroom Work, New Rug
- Family Room Reveal