Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Block Pumpkins are easy and inexpensive to make and they are perfect to use for fall decor.
I’m sharing my tumbling tower pumpkins for this month’s Thrifty Style Team project hosted by Julie of Redhead Can Decorate.
Don’t miss all of the fall projects shared this month. You’ll find links to visit each project at the end of this post.
Dollar Tree Tumbling Tower Block Pumpkins
These small pumpkins are perfect to use in a fall vignette.
If you decorate with neutrals for fall, paint them white or cream and accent with a desired color. I like to decorate with the traditional colors of fall, so I used orange paint.
- Gather supplies
- Layout the blocks like this.
- Glue 4 blocks together. This will be the center of the pumpkin.
- Add hot glue to one of the 3 block pieces and glue in the center of the 4 block piece.
- Add hot glue to one of the 2 block pieces and glue to the 3 block piece.
- Finish that side by adding glue to a single 1 block piece and glue to the 2 block piece.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Paint the pumpkin with a cream color using a foam brush.
- Dry brush orange paint over the pumpkin.
- Add brown paint.
- For the stem, paint a small cube with cream paint and then drybrush with green and then brown paint.
- Glue faux leaves to the pumpkin.
- Glue the stem into place.
You can change the shape/size of the pumpkin by changing the number of blocks/position of the blocks.
Change colors to fit your decor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Real Wood Mini Tumble Tower Classic Game, Travel Size 4 Inch by JARU. Assortment of Classic Toys Party Favors Toy| Item 3276-1A
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint in Assorted Colors (2 oz), 20505, Antique White
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint in Assorted Colors (2 oz), JA20598, Harvest Orange
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint in Assorted Colors (2 oz), 20521, Nutmeg Brown
Artlicious - Foam Paint Brush Value Pack (One Inch - 25 Pack)
More Fall Project Ideas from the Thrifty Style Team
3 Thrifty Fall Planter Cover Ideas – Redhead Can Decorate
Fall Nature Decorating – An Easy How-To Guide – Chazs’ Crazy Creations.
Easy Crochet Chain Sweater Pumpkins – DIY Beautify
White and Blue Fall Decor in the Kitchen – I Should be Mopping the Floor
Fall Living Room with Thrifted Decor – 2 Bees in a Pod
How To Quickly Get The Look of Aged Copper – The Tattered Pew
How To Make a Faux Pumpkin Centerpiece – What Meeghan Makes
DIY Plaid Flannel Coasters – Lora Bloomquist Create and Ponder
Dried Wheat Centerpiece – Cottage On Bunker Hill
Decorating Ideas That Will Make Your Wallet Happy – Postcards from the Ridge
Dollar Store Pumpkin Makeover With Velvet – Our Crafty Mom
DIY Fall Cloche With Thrifted Finds – Vinyet Etc.
How to Use a Vintage Bean Pot for a Sunflower Bouquet – The How to Home
More Fall Ideas to Enjoy
- How to Make a Fall Wood Bead Garland
- Fall Hoop Wreath
- DIY Pumpkin and Bittersweet Wreath
- DIY Wheat Wreath for Fall
- Magnolia Wreath Styled for Fall
- Easy to Make Preserved Gourd Wreath
- DIY Crow Door Decor
- DIY Wood Slice Coasters with Fall Transfers
- How to Make Fall Ornaments from Clay
- DIY Faux Acorns
- How to Make Gourds Shine for Display
- How to Preserve Gourds
- Magazine Inspired Fall Pillows
- Easy to Make Fall Pillows
- Mod Podged Vase for Fall
- DIY Fall Drop Cloth Tea Towel